Tuesday, February 08, 2011

We've Heard These All Before

Job 7:7 KJV
O remember that my life is wind: mine eye shall no more see good.

Job 7:15-16 KJV
So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life.
I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity.

We've heard Job's complaints before. They are the same ones we use whenever we go through trying times in our own lives.

In verse seven he says he's sure he will never see good again. Of course we have read the end and know it not to be true. Our only problem in our own life is that we haven't read the end yet. It is true that many people never do see good return, at least not to the degree Job did. But we can't always see the reasons for the differences and we don't know what God is doing in the heart of anyone.

Ours is to trust our God. I doubt it is ever a good idea to express the same complaints as Job except to see that our complaints are not original and our end doesn't have to be either.

No comments:

Post a Comment