Monday, February 14, 2011

Worthy of Writing

Job 19:23-27 KJV
Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Job certainly got this prayer answered. Before there was a shred of preserved Word of God Job pleaded that these words be recorded never to be lost. This he was so confident of that regardless of the trial of his body he wanted this to be ever known.

His redeemer liveth.
It was not up to Job's righteousness. He knew he needed a redeemer. Further he knew he had a redeemer. His redeemer, though not visible will stand on this very soil in the later day.

He would see God
His flesh was at that moment being consumed but should he die of his afflictions it would only mean he would see God sooner.

He would see Him personally
He wanted to remove the possibility of his readers saying that he would spiritually see Him through some representative. Job believed in eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment