Saturday, March 12, 2011

After This

Revelation 4:1 KJV
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Today's Bible reading had me also in Psalm 30 and verse 5. Weeping may last for the night but joy cometh in the morning.

John had just dealt with the seven churches and the outline of the Revelation gives evidence that after the "things which are" (the churches) comes the "things which shall be hereafter." John dealt with "today" and then moved on to those things that shall be in heaven.

• If today is the night, after this comes the morning
• If today is for us a time of weeping, after this comes joy
• If today is long and lonely, after this is the voice of the Lord
• If today is worldly and cheap, after this is heaven

So you have such hope? I appeal to my reader to trust Christ today; after this it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment