Sunday, March 06, 2011

Saved

Psalms 18:25-34 KJV
With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

I read this Psalm (beginning in verse one and down through these verses) the story of the saved.
• We are overwhelmed with enemies
• But we cried out to God and He heard
• He not only answered but did so in most powerful of ways
• He came down
• He became man
• He took on the enemies of Satan sin and death face to face and hand to hand and
• He won

What victory belongs to the Christian! What glorious celebration can be ours, if we take our eyes off of the world itself and see what God has accomplished for us beyond this world. This world was gone to Satan ever since the sin of Adam and Eve. God's plan for it to its destruction. Don't question what God is doing today. It is without doubt always good. But the rewards are all in eternity. Read your Bible looking for those heavenly rewards, not little earthly trinkets. Then you will find more than enough reason to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment