Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Eyes of Servants

Psalms 123:1-2 KJV
A Song of degrees. Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

I have two bird dogs.

I am always amazed to watch them because they never stop watching me. It is true in both dogs but especially pronounced in my German Shorthair. She
• Sits up tall
• Ears perked and
• Eyes wide open
• Following my every move
When we are outside I am able to point and she will go where my hand sends her. She watches me
• In expectation of food
• In hopes of affection and
• In search of my directions

The Psalmist said in a manner similar he would keep his eyes on the Lord seeking mercy.

May we commit ourselves to the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment