Saturday, July 23, 2011

Alone

Jeremiah 15:16-17 KJV
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.
I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation.

By the time Jeremiah is ministering for the Lord Jerusalem was pretty much a shambles spiritually. God told Jeremiah to cast them out of his sight.

And Jeremiah? His love for the Word of God had made him an outcast. Though we know there were others who followed the Lord in Jeremiah's, Daniel for instance. Still a man would feel very alone when nearly everyone around mocks that which he loved so dearly.

There have been many times in history that being a Christian has been mocked and even targeted. It should not shock us, nor turn us from the Lord. It should cause us to pray and encourage one another more in the Lord.

God help us to find our real rejoicing in the Bible and sit alone if need be, for the sake of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely said! I use to get hurt by those that don't know Jesus but now I exspect the critism now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Connie6:27 PM

    Preacher,
    This devotion means even more because you used it this morning in devotions for visitation.

    Thank you for reminding us that there will be times when we sit alone and to remain faithful.
    Miss Connie

    ReplyDelete