Wednesday, July 06, 2011

What God Will Do for His Name

Isaiah 48:9 KJV
For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.

I call attention also to verse eleven.
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

• For God's own name He defers His anger, yet
• He will not allow His name to be polluted

I take His name to be a reference to Jesus Christ. The Father's wrath has been at refrain for the sake of Jesus Christ. His work and, in the Old Testament; the promise of His work, has stopped the judgment of God.

The name of God has been vilified in our world for centuries. God has held His hand of wrath and allowed the heathen to mock His name and the people, who profess His name, but not in truth and righteousness (vs. 1) to continue to do so.

But this must not always be the case.
For the sake of Christ God has withheld judgment; but again for His own sake God will refine His own so that no glory goes to another. For Christ's sake we receive mercy. In exchange, only Christ receives glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment