Friday, October 07, 2011

I Am One

2 Thessalonians 1:4 KJV
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

It is interesting what Paul gloried in his converts in.
• Paul's glory and joy was not that their congregation had grown
• He did not glory in that they had built a large building
• Paul's glory was not that that they had experienced some other form of worldly success
Paul's glory for the believers in Thessalonica was in their patience and faith in the tribulations they suffered for the kingdom of God.

• Perhaps we need to start lifting up a different kind of preacher and a different kind of church
• Perhaps we ought to begin writing articles about those who are sticking to the faith despite hardships in the work
I think this is the heart of the Yakima Home Missions Conference. Pastor Dave Brown, and before him, his father, Dr. Dennis Brown, have always attempted to encourage men in the ministry, both young and old, who have labored, sometimes, enduring many hardships.

I am one of those who felt loved befriended and important despite those hardships I was enduring at the time. I am one who benefitted from the encouragement of those who recognized my faith and not my material successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment