Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No Cause for Shame

Micah 3:8 KJV
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

The prophet pronounced a judgment against the prophets of Israel and Judah as having no message from God and therefore being ashamed. The tool of the prophet is the Word of the Lord. If he has not received that word he is as powerless as a mechanic without a toolbox. No amount of credentials can ever replace the wrench. So the prophet may have a title, a name, a position: but without a word from the Lord he is powerless. His position only serves to highlight his lack. Not so Micah. He was truly full of power, judgment and might, and he knew it.

It is not arrogance to declare the Word if you have the Word any more than it would be arrogance for the mechanic to fix a car if he has the tools. The man with the right tools gets the job.

I spoke with a person yesterday who said when she first began attending the church I am blessed to pastor she thought I was arrogant and crazy to preach what I did. She claimed that for the first year she came to the church it was just to hear what kind of crazy thing I would say next. But then she said she came to see that I wasn't making this stuff up but that it was coming from the Bible. That Bible made all of the difference. I was not ashamed to preach and had no reason to be ashamed because I had, and still have by the way, the right tools. I have a message from God. So long as it is that message I declare then truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment