Monday, October 31, 2011

Unity is the Objective

Hebrews 8:11 KJV
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

America loves our diversity. We brag about being the melting pot. We revel in the variety of nationalities and cultures that make up our citizenship. And for the most part America loves our almost unique liberty to worship God according to the dictates of our own conscience, or to refuse to worship Him at all.

I am all for liberty of conscience. I have read enough history to know we don't need any man (or government) forcing their particular convictions upon us. Our relationship with God must be personal.

But God's promise includes a day when all will know the Lord; not because He has been forced upon them but because they will have come to see Him as their God.

Until that promised day arrives it is my calling as a believer to grow in my knowledge of Him and to speak to as many as I can and tell them what I know. I am not to force my convictions upon them but I am to tell them so that they may have just and ample opportunity to know Him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment