Sunday, February 19, 2012

There Are Three Sides to Every Story

Joshua 5:14 KJV
And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

I have read that during the Civil War President Lincoln was asked if he thought God was on his side. To this question it is said that Lincoln replied, "My concern, sir, is not that God is on my side but that I am on His."

When Joshua saw the captain of the Lord has immediate question was, "Whose side are you on?" But Joshua made the mistake of only offering two sides; his and his adversary. The captain of the host of the Lord reminded Joshua that the third side to every conflict, and the only one that really matters, is the Lord's side.

It would help us in our own disputes if we would always remember that there is this third side and that His is the only side that matters eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment