Sunday, March 11, 2012

Though Shalt Know Hereafter

John 13:7 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Jesus told Peter that even though he did not know what He was doing at the moment, he would know hereafter. I have found that much of the Christian life is lived in this realm. We frequently do not know what the Lord is doing or why the Lord is doing those things He does. So many things that happen in our lives are beyond our understanding at the moment that they happen.

Some of them we come to understand fairly quickly after they happen.
One man who went through our addictions recovery ministry turned to me at his court sentencing and questioned why he had bothered doing all the work. But it was not long after that he realized God had equipped him to minister to others in the prison through his training at our ministry.

Sometimes we don't understand what God has done until years later.
The early days of the ministry were hard years in many ways. But I look back at them now and rejoice that the Lord proved Himself in my life through difficulty.

Some things we won't understand until we get to heaven.
But I have learned, or should I say I am learning, simply to rest in the Lord concerning them. He has proven Himself to be the very God He declares Himself to be in the Bible. In those times when I do not now know what He is doing, I want to move out of His way and let Him do it. It will all make good sense hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment