Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In Presence, Not in Heart


1 Thessalonians 2:17 KJV
But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.

I know exactly how the Apostle felt for I too know a great number of believers who, though I am able to see them little or none at all, my heart is still with them. At the risk of leaving some out (though I would never mean to do that but this space will not permit an exhaustive listing) there is, from our days
  • In Kennewick, M. R. (with every name  I also mean their families)
  • In Hermiston, the H. family
  • In Colorado R. H., B. H., M. W.,
  • From Astoria B. B., A. R., J. B., M. T., T. C., R. H., G. S., K. N.
  • In Spokane, S. S., J. D. S., D. S.
  • In Oklahoma, J. J.
  • From our ministry here in Puyallup, there have been those who have moved or passed away, M. K., D. P., L. D., B. O.
And of course there is my oldest son who, though I am thrilled for the Lord's hand in his ministry in Anacortes, I still don't see as often as I would like.

  • Some of these have gone on already to heaven
  • Some I have not seen in many years
  • Some I am blessed to see once in a while
  • Others have, for one reason or another, broken fellowship. But that in no way changes the heart I have for them
Though in presence we are separated, in my heart, they are as dear as if I were able to be with them each and every day.

I hold Paul's statement that we are separated for just a short time as a promise. In the case every one from whom I am separated I cling to the hope of that day when we shall be forever united in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment