Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rivers in High Places

Isaiah 41:18-20 KJV
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:
That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.

I have witnessed God do these very things for me and for my family. No, I have never seen a river open in the mountains or a lake in the middle of a desert, but I have watched God give
  • Impossible answers to prayer from
  • The most unexpected sources at
  • The very moment it was needed
So many financial needs were met from so many unexpected places when we began the church in Astoria that I came to not fret over money even though we were, for almost three years, unbelievably poor.
  • I almost skidded off a road near Jack Burkhart’s house (before I met Jack Burkhart) because the tires were so bald on my car. I did not tell anyone about our need (we had no telephone so I could not have told anyone) but Mike Riggs wrote me a letter and suggested I might need tires. He said if I could get to the Tri-Cities, he would have some installed.
  • I prayed for two and a half years for a building and, at just the time I was ready to give up, God delivered the building we had in Astoria; complete with more than twenty extra members for our church
  • When the mortgage company that carried our loan on that building went bankrupt, God provided a church I had never heard of to pay off our loan
  • Without my ever asking, or even attending a meeting, God opened the door for me to be on the board of PCBBC
  • Within two weeks of going on staff at the college, God opened the door that I would be executive VP.
  • When I asked the Lord, I was called to pastor Liberty Baptist in Spokane
  • When I asked again, I was able to return to the college, this time in OKC
  • When I asked, God opened the door to pastor BBC in Puyallup.
  • I have seen God open means for both of my children at desperate times in their adult lives
 I am not suggesting that things have been easy; they most certainly have not. But God has proven Himself
  • Alive and
  • Present and
  • Very able
to open any way and provide any means when it is best to do so.

Do you find this blog helpful? Consider subscribing to Daily Visit With God


No comments:

Post a Comment