Ephesians 5:8 KJV
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
The Bible does not say these believers were once in darkness but now are in the light, he says they once were darkness and now are light. They have not simply moved
· From one place to another but
· From one state of being to another
This could not be mere semantics. It is not a slip of the anointed pen. It isn't six in one, half a dozen the other. This is a deliberate and meaningful difference and changes the whole meaning of Christianity. A Christian is not simply someone who has changed positions; he is someone who has been changed fundamentally. He is a new creature.
This also bears out the absolute conviction that he did not do this himself.
· A man can change from a dark room to a light one
· A man can choose to go from a state of ignorance to one of education but
· A man can never choose to change the sort of being he is
A miracle is implicit here. A law of nature has been broken. What cannot happen, has happened. Darkness has become light. God has done this thing.
Praise be to God.