Daniel 7:21-22 KJV
I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
A truth that holds consistent through the Bible is that the kingdoms of this world prevail until Christ comes. These earthly, worldly kingdoms are at their very best, only the works of sin filled men.
- They use people and wear out the saints
- They exist in pretense to bring order but they always end up devouring their own citizens
Daniel served in and loved the kings of two empires (although I do not believe he loved Belshazzar, but only his father, Nebuchadnezzar). But even then his loyalties were to the Lord as is evidenced by his prayers even after being ordered not to pray.
A Christian must always see himself as loyal only to the Lord.
- His nation
- His country
- His government
is at very best, flawed and corrupted.
He may pray for and even love those who lead, but
- His only loyalty must be to the Lord
- His faith must be upon the Lord and
- His service must be for the Lord