1 John 5:4-5 KJV
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
If there is anything a serious Christian understands it is that he is at odds with the world.
- It killed our Saviour
- It persecuted to death our forefathers
- It is becoming more hostile to us daily
But it is the world that is after us and not the reverse.
- Our position is that of love for every individual
- Our weapons are not carnal and
We do not wrestle against flesh and blood.
The victory we seek is a spiritual one, and an eternal one. To overcome is not to overthrow. We desire merely to live in peace and to give an account of our faith.
We overcome not by picketing, not by voting, not even by revolution. We overcome the world
- By being born again
- By our faith and especially
- By believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God