Revelation 1:1 KJV
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
The process of Scripture found in this one verse is insightful as to how God gives His Word to us:
- The Revelation belonged to God
- God gave it to Jesus Christ to shew His servants
- Jesus gave it to Apostle John
At that point then, John turns his attention to his audience and addresses us with what Jesus had shown him.
This same process is apparent throughout the Bible. Though each book if the Bible has the appearance of a communication from a prophet or Apostle to the reader, the prophet or Apostle is in truth only a distributor. His message
- Originates with God
- Is passed to the prophet through the Holy Spirit and then
- Communicated to us through the medium of that prophet or Apostle
The message never did belong to the penman. Hus only function was as a distributor. He had no authority over his work. His only duty was to take what God possessed and make it available to the people.