Exodus 12:2 KJV
This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.
Israel left Egypt everything changed.
- They would have new leadership
- They would have new homes
- They would have new life habits
- They would have a new yearly feast (national holiday)
- They would even have a new first month of the year
Christians need to think of their relationship with God as one that makes everything new and different than the world around them. We are not the same because of the Lord.
- Our culture is a different culture than the rest of the world
- Our holidays are different holidays than the rest of the world
- Our lifestyles are different than the rest of the world
The only way for Christians to remain in this world and not be if this world is to live differently than this world.
When an American assumes the role of ambassador to a foreign land he goes to that land but remains American in his lifestyle and culture. It is true that there are Americans who move to foreign lands and become engulfed in those cultures, but it is seldom considered a healthy thing. Christians have a tougher spot because we must first embrace the culture of the cross and come out of the culture of the world before we take care not to become again engulfed in it.
God has made the Christian a new creature. We are different than the world
- Different in our culture and even
- Different than we once were