Exodus 8:15 KJV
But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
I believe I have met a number of people just like Pharaoh;
- They will repent briefly, make expressions of turning around and of changing their minds toward God
- They will seek prayer
- They may even worship the Lord in some manner
But when they have a bit of a break in their lives they return to their old self. Nothing had ever really changed. Theirs was a forced compliance. The fact was that they were always
- Willing and
for the respite that allowed them to go back to the old things.
Pharaoh kept up this “see-saw” type mentality to the very end.
- Time after time Moses gave the request
- Time after time God showed him His power
- Time after time Pharaoh complied but
- Time after time he changed his mind the moment he thought he could
Until one time it killed him.
God grant that some of those with the Pharaoh spirit be truly converted.