Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No Options

Leviticus 22:32 KJV
Neither shall ye profane my holy name; but I will be hallowed among the children of Israel: I am the LORD which hallow you,

I was struck by the bluntness of this passage; "but I will be hallowed".

God offers no options for His own. He expects that they who are the children of God will not profane His name in disobedience to His commandments. 

We, of course, live in this age of New Testament grace.
  • We do not keep the Law for salvation
  • Many of the ordinances of the Old Testament law were nailed to the cross and are of no effect today (we do not offer sacrifices)
But this gives us no liberty to take the things of God as lightly as they are often taken today. The times of ignorance God winked at were those Old Testament Law days. He now commands all men to repent. 

God will be hallowed among His children. They will not profane His name through wicked, worldly and disobedient rebellion against His Word. 


Christian, God expects you to obey and honor Him. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Amen. It pains me to watch people go crazy with sin and say it don't matter cause I'm saved by grace

    ReplyDelete