Saturday, August 10, 2013

HDIC Insured

Luke 12:33 KJV
Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

I have noticed that as I have grown up, I have worn out my pants in different places:
  • When I was a child it seemed like I always wore them out in the knees
  • When I was an ironworker I always wore them out in the seat (from scooting on the iron - a sort of mark of shame for an ironworker. But we all had worn seats)
  • It seems like my pants always wear out now in the right pocket
That is where I keep my keys, a pocket knife and whatever small change I might have

In those days of the Bible, there would have been no pockets in the pants. They carried their money in a bag. Jesus was literally telling them to find a safer place for their money than in their pants pocket. That place, Jesus said, was heaven.
  • It was not in the bags they carried around in their day
  • It was not in the pockets of our modern-day pants and
  • It isn't in the banks, even if they are FDIC insured

the only place a person may place their money and know it will be safe for them eternally is in heaven things.

No comments:

Post a Comment