Sunday, October 27, 2013

Picking Fights

1 Samuel 17:10 KJV
And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.

This world is forever picking a fight with believers. 
  • If it isn't Cain against Abel 
  • If it isn't Pharaoh against Moses
  • If it isn't the Philistines against Israel
 Then it is:
  • Rome against personal faith
  • The kingdoms of this world against Baptist convictions

  • It is Satan against marriage
  • It is the devils against faith
  • It is the power of darkness against a soul's salvation
  • It is the principalities of hell against the preaching of the Word of God
God doesn't ask us to be strong or advanced in leadership or skilled in warfare or well known. God only asks us to be in the battle. Any little person may use any little thing to answer the evil one's challenge if we will but trust God. 


Killing Goliath didn't stop the fighting. And so it will be until Christ returns. This world will always have someone inspired by evil to pick a fight with faith. I believe God will always have someone inspired by his faith to answer. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Thank you, Preacher. Very encouraging to me personally. I want to stay in the battle. I am not
    strong, nor wise but I am HIS! He is sufficiency
    in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete