Saturday, March 29, 2014

Gold

Job 23:10 KJV
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

I marvel at the faith Job demonstrates. In the midst of such terrible affliction he testifies he can't seem to find God:
  • He is not before him
  • He is not behind him
  • He is not at the left hand
  • He is not at the right hand
This is a time of terrible darkness. He wishes he had never been born.

But then he declares this affirmation; "He knoweth the path that I take. …"
Job could not see God but he was sure God saw him.  That really is the more important part. It is the difference between a child holding his father's hand versus the father holding the child's hand.

"When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
That would have been a tough truth to cling to right about then. But Job was settled on it. This trial would end. He would come forth from it. It would not last for ever. And when it was finished he would be far better because of it.

We know the end of this story and we know that this is exactly the way he ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment