Monday, March 10, 2014

The Thing that I Long For

Job 6:8 KJV
Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!

Job wishes for death of which Gill says it is, "...desired by good men from a principle of grace, and with right views, to be rid of sin, and to be with Christ, yet it often is done by persons in melancholy, sullen, and humorous fits, when they cannot have what they would..."

The thought occurred to me that, though he did not know it at the time, God had every intention of granting him the very thing he desired most:
  • Blessings
  • Children
  • Health
and in the end,
  • Freedom from sin and
  • To be with a God
Circumstances can make us desperate and bring us to the point of breaking but God is at work in granting that which we earnestly desire:

  • A life well lived
  • A testimony that endures
  • A purpose for being and finally
  • A home with Him in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment