Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Consider Yourself

Galatians 6:1 KJV
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

The general principle of Christianity is that we think of others:
  • In honour , preferring one another
  • Esteeming others better than ourselves
  • Be subject one to another

Here we are expressly instructed to consider ourselves
  • Consider our relationship to the rest of the church body
  • Consider God's grace that has placed us in that body
  • Consider our measure and that we have yet much spiritual grace to attain
  • Consider that we are corruptible and still able to fall


I must prefer others and think of their interests and their needs. But in doing so I must consider the weakness I own in my body lest they get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment