Friday, November 28, 2014

Speaking with Angels

Revelation 17:1
And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

There is a notable interaction between the angel and The apostle. The Bible says
·       The angel talked with him
·       The angel showed him a thing
·       The angel carried him
John, I believe, is representative of the believer in heaven. It causes me to think that in heaven there will be free and active communication with the Angels. There are things that they only know by observing mankind's relationship with God but there are things in the realm of the spirit that we cannot know until we are in the world of the spirit.

Imagine a conversation with an angel about, for instance, the Garden of Eden. It is impossible to know exactly where it was. For all we know, it could have been on the land we call America. Noah floated above that world-wide flood for a year before the ark came to rest on Mt.  Ararat. He could have begun his voyage from anywhere on the planet! Today the best we can do is speculate and explore.

So now imagine we are in conversation with an angel about this very topic. Imagine then he simply says, "Come with me. I will show you."


I think one of the most amazing things about heaven will be the (nearly) unlimited capacity to learn. It is not, as I see it, that we will know everything immediately when we get to heaven but that we have all of eternity to learn everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment