Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Enough's Enough

Genesis 33:9 KJV
And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.

Twenty some years previous to this meeting Esau was so angry at Jacob for deceiving Isaac and taking the blessing of the firstborn that he was ready to kill him. Even Isaac couldn't see that he had a decent blessing left to give Esau after Jacob's theft. Twenty some years later Esau confidently declares to Jacob, "I have enough."

We get ourselves in such a fury over the doings of others. They take from us. They spoil what we wanted. They may have stolen what was ours. The truth is, however, that God can take good care of us and give us enough and more than enough despite them.


I am not saying we should carelessly leave things out for others to steal. Neither am I saying we should not prosecute those who steal. What I am saying is that we must not let them rob us of joy in our faith and openness in our charity. God will take care of us. We can depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment