Sunday, February 15, 2015

If We Have Christ and the Word of God We Have More than We Deserve

Genesis 32:10 KJV
I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.

Jacob testifies in this, the first recorded prayer in the Bible, that he had left the Promised Land with nothing but his staff and was returning with two bands of people and of herds. He had been richly blessed.

But the thing he said he was not worthy of was the truth God had showed him.


I cannot say what truth that is. Spiritually there are only two things we can call truth; Jesus Christ and the Word of God. Regardless of what other blessings we may or may not possess if we have these we have more than we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment