Exodus 24:12 KJV
And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
There was a place for everyone near the mount:
· The Jews at the foot
· The seventy midway
· Joshua (I suppose) farther up
· Moses at the top
God commanded Moses to "be there"; be where he was called. Be at his station. Be where God had placed him.
Every Christian has a place God has assigned him.
· For some it will be a pulpit.
· For some a ministry in a foreign land.
· Some will be called to serve the servants as the seventy seem to have done.
· The majority will find their place in the much needed work of foundational support.
Their place will be at the foot of the mount, supporting in prayer finances and faithfulness those (of fewer number) called to go on.
They tell me that the term "be there" implies continuing. It's not a baseball game where we "touch base" as we move on. This is an abiding thing. Diligence faithfulness and endurance are the keys to genuine obedience.
Find that place God has assigned you and be there.