Friday, March 20, 2015

Me First

Acts 3:26 KJV
Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Peter spoke these words to the Jews. It was to the Jew first that Jesus came. It was to the Jew first that the Gospel was given. It was to the Jew first God reached out to bless and redeem.

But in some ways, each one of us can look at this verse and say, "It was to me first…" It is because the Gospel has gotten to me before it has gotten to another than I must consider myself responsible for that Gospel.
·       It came to me first, so I must give it to my children and children's children
·       It came to me first, so I must give it to my family, friends and neighbors
·       It came to me first, so I must give it to those I work with and live around
·       It came to me first, so I must give it to people around the world I may never meet
·       It came to me first, so I must give to ensure that generations after me will receive it to

Paul considered himself a debtor to all me. Why? Precisely because the gospel came to him before it got to another soul without Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment