Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Never Say Never

John 13:8 KJV
Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

My father in law used to say, "Never say never". More times than I can count has life circumstances worked so that I did something I never thought I would do.

Once in a while it has been a positive experience.
I never thought I would be able to do a thing but I did.

Sometimes it has been a negative experience.
I never wanted to do s thing but unfortunately did.

Every now and then it is a negative experience turned positive.
I did not think I would want to do a thing but I am now glad I did.


Peter told the Lord He would never wash his feet but, we read a few verses down that He did. The Lord's plan for our life often seems so contrary to the plans we have made or the dreams we envision for ourselves that our first response might be "Never!".  The fact is, God's will is going to be accomplished despite our protests to the contrary and we will praise God it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment