Friday, May 22, 2015

Priceless Pieces of Truth

2 Corinthians 2:1-2 KJV
But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.
For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?

I find a number of interesting and profitable lessons in this verse:
Paul determined some things "with himself "
He had control of himself. Just as he kept under his body to bring it into submission, he did the same with his countenance and spirit.

Paul refused to be "heavy" or sorrowful in the presence of this congregation
He had the ability to choose his mood and chose not to come to them in heaviness.

Paul recognized that his spirit passed to the congregation
He could influence and sway the general spirit of the congregation with his own.

We each have the ability to manage our own attitude. It is a discipline that must be cultivated to be sure, but being aware of it is the first step to having that discipline.
·       To know that I influence others
·       To know that I can control my mood and therefore
·       To choose not to be in heaviness in the presence of others

These are priceless pieces of truth in the believer's garment of godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment