Friday, May 08, 2015

We Have a Judge

1 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

One of those things people get most offended at and one of those things Christians are most accused of is judging others. People who know little to nothing of the Bible are quick to point out that that Christians are not supposed to judge others.[1]

We ought to be careful about judging others but Paul's real focus here is that, though he was judged and accused by some in Corinth, he was not offended by it. The reason was because he knew that God had already judged him. He made no judgments of himself and needed not to make any judgments against others (even those who had judged him) because He knew the One who held him to the highest standard.

Let people think and say what they please about us. We have a judge and He has already judged us. Our only true concern ought to be that we are pleasing to Him.




[1] I will save my response to this accusation for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment