Monday, October 26, 2015

1 Kings 10:6-7 (KJV) See Him Yourself

1 Kings 10:6-7 (KJV)
And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.
I see in these verses two applications; one for the unbeliever and one for the believer:
For the unbelieverWe who are Christians can speak to the lost all that we have experienced and learned and all of the blessings with which we have been blessed since becoming Christians:
  • We can tell them of the freedom from the guilt of sin
  • We can tell them of the assurance of a home in heaven
  • We can tell them of the grace of God in our lives
  • We can tell them of the living truths of the Word of God
  • We can tell them about the family we now have in the local church
But the fact is, until they have witnessed it for themselves; until Christ has forgiven their sins, prepared for them a place in heaven, opened the Word of God for them and fitted them into a local New Testament Baptist Church, it is, for the most part, just words.
For the believerWhat we know and sense about the promises in eternity are, I am sure, barely half the whole. Heaven is, I am certain, greater than we can possibly imagine. The blessings, the fellowship with God, the joy of sinlessness, the sights, the sounds of eternity are, I am persuaded, too wonderful to express and to high to dream.
We’ll just have to wait until we see it with our eyes to really get it.
To my reader:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

1 Kings 10:6-7 (KJV) See Him Yourself

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment