Friday, November 27, 2015

Come, See

Luke 24:5-6 (KJV)
And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
I recognize that Matthew’s account of the exchange between these women and the angel’s includes the words, “Come, see the place where the Lord lay.” Luke’s account omits that phrase and focuses instead on a question, also spoken by the angels, that could almost be viewed as a rebuke; “Why seek ye the living among the dead?”
Jesus was not to be found at the empty tomb. There has been, for more years that I can remember, an interest among believers in the empty tomb in Jerusalem. That interest seems to be growing among those in the circles with whom I fellowship. I do not have the same interest in traveling to Israel for at least these reasons:
The tomb in Jerusalem cannot be proven to be Christ’sThere are in fact two tombs that are claimed as Christ’s. I doubt that either is truly it.
The nation of Israel is not the focus of this eraWhile I believe we should as a country support Israel I do not believe it is because God’s plan for today is to bless Israel above all others. The focus today ought to be on winning souls of every kindred and organizing them into local Baptist churches.
Christ is not to be found at the empty tomb. He will not be found on the old streets upon which He walked. Christ will be found in the Words of the Bible and it is in those words we are to find our faith and build our relationship with the Lord.
To my reader:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.


If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Luke 24:5-6 (KJV) Why seek ye the living among the dead?

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment