Saturday, December 19, 2015

John 20:13-16 Entertaining Strangers

John 20:13-16 (KJV)
And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
The passage has some irony doesn’t it? Mary’s great concern was that she didn’t know where Jesus’s body was and the person she expressed that concern to was Jesus. She spoke to Jesus about missing Jesus, not knowing it was Jesus she spoke to.
I am reminded of Hebrews 13:2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. How often, I wonder, do we share concerns with hearts broken not realizing that the very ones we share those concerns with are the ones God sent to comfort and answer those concerns?
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

John 20:13-16 Entertaining Strangers

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment