Thursday, March 17, 2016

Job 6:8-10 (KJV) Keep An Eye Out for the End

Job 6:8-10 (KJV)
Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!Even that it would please God to destroy me; that he would let loose his hand, and cut me off!Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One.
As I read these verses I cannot help but think of the final pages of the Book of Job.
  • Here is a man who thought his life was over when in reality his best days were yet to come
  • Here is a man who thought it would be a blessing to die but did not know God had greater blessings in store for him
  • Here is a man who asked God to take his life when God’s plan was to grant him newness in life
  • Here is a man whose testing was terrible but whose end was golden
and it reminds me that none of us know our end. We have no way to know what God’s eventual plan for us is. We cannot possibly know when we pray what will be the final answers to those prayers.
All of us are tested and we all dislike it. But everyone can be assured that our end, if we love God, will be a grand one.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Job 6:8-10 (KJV) Keep An Eye Out for the End

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment