Monday, May 16, 2016

Psalms 16:3 (KJV) A Channel of Blessing

Psalms 16:3 (KJV)
But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
There are so many different opinions on how to interpret these verses it is only with some trepidation I enter my attempt. My plea is that these entries are primarily meant to be a record of my own study and devotional thoughts. If they seem to have little application to others, I appeal for mercy.
It seems to me that the biggest problem with interpretation is the verse separation. These verses obviously carry on thought. The psalmist is being honest with his own soul. God is his Lord. Goodness flows from God to him and not the other way around. The next verse completes the flow by saying that the goodness that extends to him from God then flows out to others.
God’s goodness is overwhelming and abundant but it it never meant to be hoarded. The goodness of the Lord extends to us so we can be channels delivering that goodness to those around us.
This is a Psalm of David. Picture him as the king of Israel, in some ways her figurehead. God poured His grace and blessings upon David but He so in order to pour them upon the nation. Each one of us has a sphere of influence; lives we touch in greater or lesser extents. What blessings God rains down on us is so we may channel those same blessings upon our circle of influence.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.


If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 16:3 (KJV) A Channel of Blessing

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment