Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Psalms 62:2 (KJV) Still Standing

Psalms 62:2 (KJV)
He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
When I was in Bible College I got a job working for a guy named Buster Henning. We did handyman jobs primarily but once in a while we would do something on a little bit larger scale. One job was a complete roof tear down and re-roof. It included tearing down an old chimney. Buster was afraid of heights so most of that work fell on me. Those times he did climb up there with me we would jokingly sing the hymn, “I Shall Not Be Moved.” Neither of us wanted to be moved off that roof unless we were moving of our own volition.
I noted, in this passage, that David included an adjective in his statement. He said, “I shall not be greatly moved.” David was a realist. He knew that though he was set upon the rock,
  • Storms would still come 
  • Events would happen that would cause him to tremble and shake
  • Winds would beat upon his house and threaten to bring it down
The promise of the Bible is of a safe and secure outcome, not a trip without bumps. We, who are believers, will be moved. We will have periods of doubt and times when we wonder if our lashings are sound. The promise is not for a life without some difficulty. David knew all about that. The promise of the Word of God, and the one David claimed, was for a foundation that would stand despite the difficulties.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 62:2 (KJV) Still Standing

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment