Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Psalms 71:17-18 (KJV) Duty to Declare

Psalms 71:17-18 (KJV)
O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
I notice that the Psalmist’s concern for the word of God and his duty to declare it is threefold:
He had declared itHe had been taught the Word from his youth and from his youth had declared what he learned. None of us are responsible for anything but what we have learned except that we could be said to be responsible to learn.
He was declaring itNow as an older man the Psalmist could see that many in his generation had still not heard. Time may have seemed of the essence. He could not help but keep up his work but he knew as only an older and wiser man can, that he needed God’s help and blessing.
He would declare itThere was a generation before him and there would be another generation to come. The older man realizes a responsibility to those who come later as well as those who are present.







To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 71:17-18 (KJV) Duty to Declare

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment