Sunday, June 26, 2016

Psalms 77:4 (KJV) To Sleep or Not To Sleep

Psalms 77:4 (KJV)
Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
Another Psalmist said “I will both lay me down in peace and sleep…”[1] To the one was sweet peace and rest given. From the other the same was kept.
I am reminded to be careful of putting God into a box of my choice and preference. I enjoy sweet rest. Others do not. I must be careful that I do not judge the others as not having the same Spirit of God as I. God deals with each of us as He wills.
  • God allowed Herod to slay James with the sword. 
  • God led Peter away free from the same fate and at the same time. 
  • God was not more pleased with Peter than James.
Each man lives of himself before God. Our duty is not to insist that anyone else walk with God as we wish them to but to encourage them in their walk with God.
  • One will remain awake all night burdened for the souls of others
  • Another will sleep peacefully assured that God will care for their souls
Both are correct and both are needed.
[1] Psalms 4:8 (KJV)
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 77:4 (KJV) To Sleep or Not To Sleep

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment