Friday, September 09, 2016

Ecclesiastes 2:17 (KJV) Be Sure to Laugh

Ecclesiastes 2:17 (KJV)
Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Wow! What a terrible place to be. To arrive at the conclusion that you hate life is about as low a place as a man can go in this life. Thousands reach that conclusion every year.
  • They come from all countries
  • They come from all educational levels
  • They come from every strata of income earning
  • They come from almost all age groups
Suicide is the most tragic of all deaths because it speaks of torment previous to the act. How many thousands more struggle through day after endless day hating life but not finalizing that hatred in suicide!
The preacher reveals his torment not so he may commiserate with others but to show us what led to this awful plight. This wasn’t accidental or fate. He came to hate life because of other influences.
He chose alcohol over laughterEcclesiastes 2:2-3
I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, What doeth it?I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life.
Abraham Lincoln is said to have told humorous stories and to have laughed even while the Civil War was raging because he said that if he didn’t laugh he could not have continued to live. Too many choose to relieve their pain through drink or drugs rather than the good medicine of laughter.
He lost sight of judgment after death
Ecclesiastes 2:15-16
Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.For there is no remembrance of the wise more than of the fool for ever; seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten. And how dieth the wise man? as the fool
The person who thinks that the worldly and foolish seem to ha e all the breaks have forgotten that life doesn’t end at death. The rich man and Lazarus both died and both continued living after death. My how their roles got reversed on the other side of death.
The preacher sought relief from pain in ungodly ways and forgot that a man’s story isn’t over at the grave. It was because of these two that he began to hate life.
We can love life and be filled with anticipation each new day when we wait upon God for the final judgment and look daily for reasons to be grateful and to laugh.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Ecclesiastes 2:17 (KJV) Be Sure to Laugh

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment