Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Isaiah 59:21 (KJV) Future Generations

Isaiah 59:21 (KJV)
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.
This covenant is made first to Israel and then, according to verse 19, “they that fear the name of the Lord from the west.
The covenant begins “As for me…” regardless of what people do, whether the Jews or the Gentiles, this is what God will do.
He will give the Spirit and the Word:
  • To them
  • To their children 
  • To their children’s children 
forever.
This is three generations from Isaiah[1] but then it goes on forever.
  • The people who left Babylon 
  • The people who rebuilt Jerusalem 
  • The people who suffered under Rome
Even those who, because they cut off their Messiah were cut off from God, were not cut off altogether. The Word of God they had been used to deliver still does its work.
My desire has always been to see the ministry God has given me passed down to my children and children’s children. But should my grandchildren not be called into official ministry this promise still holds true, as we do not know what future generations may surrender to preach the Word of God.
[1] More likely this should begin when Israel left Babylon.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Isaiah 59:21 (KJV) Future Generations

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment