Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2 Corinthians 12:15 (KJV) Compassion is Not For Sissies

2 Corinthians 12:15 (KJV)
And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
A case could be made that Paul was an emotional man. Though he was a leader of men, in both his secular[1] and spiritual roles, Paul had a side of him that tended to great sensitivity. He spoke of how he cherished his converts. They were his fellow servants, fellow prisoners, and children in the faith.
I am led to observe that sensitivity is not feminine. The manliest of men can be brought to tears. Compassion is not for sissies but for the big and burliest of guys.
I, like Paul, can list the names of people that I love very much but refuse to love me in return. There are former members of the churches I have pastored whom I considered family: brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, and even some I could easily have thought of as parents in the faith. For one reason or another, though I still love them and grieve over them, they have come to hate me.
I do not see where Paul ever got over those who would not love him.
I do see that his pain never stopped him from loving them or from serving the Lord.
[1] I’m calling his position as a Pharisee secular.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3700 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

2 Corinthians 12:15 (KJV) Compassion is Not For Sissies

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment