Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Galatians 4:14-17 (KJV) Close In Spirit

Galatians 4:14-17 (KJV)
And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.
When Paul was there, in the region of Galatia, while he was preaching and ministering to them and among them, they had great love and affection for him. They would have happily sacrificed to be a blessing and help to him.
Now Paul is gone in presence (though not in spirit). As memories of his ministry begin to fade so does the warmth of their affections. Then, to add ice to their gradual cooling, others have arrived who are not friends of Paul. What was once a tender relationship has become brittle and cracked.
This happens all too often. People who have been blessed by a ministry turn cold to the ministry through lack of contact and then turn against that ministry through other influences.
I praise God it doesn’t happen in every case. The church in Philippi, for instance, maintained a red-hot affection for Paul even after he had been gone many years. No one has to turn away because of distance and other influences. It’s a choice.
Choose to stay close to those who have helped you, if not in presence, by all means in spirit.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3700 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Galatians 4:14-17 (KJV) Close In Spirit

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment