Sunday, June 25, 2017

Luke 16:9 (KJV) I Am Sorry

Luke 16:9 (KJV)
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. 
Albert Barnes writes,
So, says our Saviour to the publicans and those who had property, so use your property as “to secure” happiness and comfort beyond the time when you shall be removed from the present life. “Have reference,” in the use of your money, to the future.”
I want to take this on a path completely different than its lesson other than it has to do with influencing eternity.
Very early on in my ministry I attended a pastor’s fellowship meeting here in the state of Washington. One of the preachers rose to tell of his visit with a preacher by the name of Preeb, Jerry Preeb is what comes to mind. Bro Preeb was in the final stages of cancer. Just previous to his death he had asked the pastor addressing us to tell the other pastors, “If I have done anything to offend you, I am sorry.”
  • I did not know this preacher 
  • I do not know the context of his apology 
  • I do not even know if I spelled his name correctly 
But I know that this dying man’s apology has been indelibly etched into my mind. He has influenced me eternally simply by saying, “I am sorry.”
Never be afraid to say those words.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

Luke 16:9 (KJV) I Am Sorry

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment