Saturday, July 08, 2017

John 4:1 (KJV) Knowing Vs Hearing

John 4:1[1] (KJV)
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
It’s a subtle difference and hardly the focus of the chapter, but it is significant.
  • The Lord knew
  • The Pharisees had heard
It is a grand difference between God and even the brightest of men:
God knowsHe knows intrinsically. He knows all things always. It is:
  • His nature
  • His character
  • His attribute. 
He is omniscient
Men merely hearWe are ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. The more we know the more we discover we don’t know. Almost everything any man has learned he has learned it by hearing it from someone else who heard it from someone else.
Much of what man thought he knew he has since learned was wrong. He must begin again and learn anew.
God knows, men only hear.
I will be best off believing God.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

John 4:1 (KJV) Knowing Vs Hearing

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

[1] Because I keep these devotional thoughts in the study segment of my Bible program, E-sword, I can see that I meditated on this same passage about ten months ago (http://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com/2016/09/john-41-kjv-for-certain.html). It’s encouraging for me to see that I have read through my New Testament in less than a year (I know that I have done about the same in my Old Testament). I also find encouragement in both the similarities and the differences between what I meditated on this year and from the same verse last year. I did not look at last year’s devotion (did not really know I had meditated on this passage last year until I went to save it to the Bible study app) until after I had finished this year’s.
God’s Word is alive and is never exhausted of food for the hungry believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment