Thursday, August 17, 2017

Exodus 7:1-5 (KJV) God Made Moses a God

Exodus 7:1-5 (KJV)
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
Note the contrast between Moses as a god before Pharaoh and the Lord Himself:
  • Moses was made to appear as a god
  • Moses was appointed this by God
  • Moses was not respected though a god
  • Moses was only able to do as God commanded
In contrast the Lord:
  • Made Moses a god
  • Commanded all that Moses did and eventually 
  • Destroyed Pharaoh because he did not reverence Him
Men make for themselves many gods but none of them measure up the LORD.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

Exodus 7:1-5 (KJV) God Made Moses a God

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment