Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Genesis 44:20 (KJV) True Cleansing

Genesis 44:20 (KJV)
And we said unto my lord, We have a father, an old man, and a child of his old age, a little one; and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loveth him.
Genesis 44:27-28 (KJV)
And thy servant my father said unto us, Ye know that my wife bare me two sons:And the one went out from me, and I said, Surely he is torn in pieces; and I saw him not since:
Joseph took his brothers through a series of tests to prove them:
  • They brought Benjamin, proving he was still alive
  • They did not grow envious when Joseph gave Benjamin five times as much as to them and
  • Judah protected Benjamin, offering himself as a servant rather than breaking his father’s heart with the loss of his youngest 
Joseph was then satisfied with his test but I do not believe the brothers were free of their burden yet. Twice Judah mentioned Joseph, once claiming him to be dead and the second time repeating the lie they had forced their father to live with for two decades.
True cleansing cannot happen until there is confession and acknowledgement of the sin and then faith in the promise of God to forgive it.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3800 earlier Daily Visits with God visit Pastor Marvin McKenzie’s blogger page. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit Bible Baptist Church of Puyallup.

Genesis 44:20 (KJV) True Cleansing

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment